Cost of Government Day Report
In 2012, Cost of Government Day falls on July 15. Working people must toil 197 days out of the year just to meet all costs imposed by government. 2012 marks the fourth consecutive year COGD has fallen in July.
In other words, in 2012 the cost of government consumes 54.0 percent of national income.
For the full 2012 report, click here.
- ATR and COGC Joins Strong Coalition Warning Congress: Preserve the Budget Caps
- ATR and COGC Urge Senators to Vote YES on Senator Mike Lee's Amendment to H.R.5021
- COGC & ATR support the Access to Court Challenges for Exempt Status Seekers Act
- Cost of Government Day Media Spotlight
- ATR’s Mattie Duppler Debates Corporate Tax Reform with Yahoo! Finance
COGC on Twitter
Wisconsin Democrats Don't Know Much about Taxes http://t.co/IWTlIlaY7L
ATR’s Ryan Ellis gets it. Cost-recovery is critical to a pro-growth tax system. http://t.co/sLt4u2UZK7
One thing we can agree the U.S. is doing right –not adding a value added-tax (VAT). http://t.co/sLt4u2UZK7
A new International Tax Competitiveness Index says the U.S. fails in virtually every metric...http://t.co/sLt4u2UZK7
ATR and COGC Support House's IRS Accountability Package http://t.co/pVvWJAPmb6
There are no more Tweets in this stream.
COGC on Facebook
Recent Blog Headlines
- COGC Op-Ed in The Hill: Are Taxpayers Funding Research or Activism?
- Op-ed: Department of Education’s Proposed Rules Are The Last Thing the Economy Needs
- ATR’s Mattie Duppler debates the Transparent Airfares Act on Fox Business
- The Nanny State is coming to a grocery store near you
- Lawmakers Largely Ignore the Real Difficulties of Federal Tobacco Tax Regime